bistrita daily

1. me, entering room at the city council, to ask for release of official paper: good afternoon.
   city council lady : good afternoon.
   me: (since there´s another person in the room, talking to the lady, decide to sit down and wait)
   lady: (goes on talking to the other woman about the weather, their kids´respective schools and buying a dog)
   10 minutes later
   me : (standing up) excuse me...
   other lady: ooooh, sorry, i thought you were here for something else.
   me: no problem, if i had a book on me or a recording device, i could have waited more.

2. my mum: how much for the cherries?
    marketplace lady: 8 lei, they´re very ripe!
    mum: there´s worms in them!
    lady: impossible! where are the worms?
    mum: look here! (points out worms)
    lady: very well then, when you go and pick cherries off your own cherry, i´m sure you´ll leave the worms aside!

3. big dark mustachioed Roma guy at the marketplace, pointing to little girl who´s clinging to his leg: do you want her? if you like her, you can take her home!
the girl is around 4, wearing beribonned braids, a dirty t-shirt and a traditional long gypsy skirt. very cute/ shy, i wish i´d brought the camera but no luck.
me: if we take her, what will we feed her?
guy: don´t worry, she doesn´t eat!

4. evening, in my room.
    mum: can you see? is this light enough for you to read?
    me: yeah, sure.
    mum: i took out one of your (2) light bulbs... if you want, i´ll put it back until you go to bed.
    me: wait a minute, you stole my light bulb?
    mum: you keep falling asleep with your light on!
    me: that wasn´t the light, it was the night lamp!
    mum: so you were awake last night at 3 a.m?
    me: nevermind. but you mean you want to put the bulb back, then take it out again when i go to bed?
    mum: i want to see the lights out with my own eyes.

5. me: ok, i´m ready to go (out).
    mum: are you wearing those pants?
   me: what, they´re clean!
   mum: they´re not ironed!
   me: for god´s sake, they´re linen pants. i´m buying linen pants so i don´t have to iron them. besides we´re just going to the mall.
   mum: you never know when you´ll meet somebody.

Comments

Popular Posts