more summer in cluj

still thin on the actual talking - maybe. but here are some photos i took out on the town (almost literally, ha!) with my cousin, the one who just got married. (i have lots of cousins, people. she's ...ugh not even the only married one. nevermind.)
and this - here- is taken from the equivalent of mont royal in our town. it's not that large, doesn't have actual woods, but it's a hill people climb for their various entertainment purposes, mostly to take pictures of this view. nice place, innit.
the big church in the middle...the matyas cathedral. hungarian. that's the meeting point downtown for anyone who's meeting downtown - actually it's "at the statue" in the church square. anyway: important.


more later on the actual art of taking photos and lack thereof. i had to confirm repeatedly to my cousin that i actually LIKED pictures of me where i'm all in the shade, while the landscape behind me looks like a wallpaper. it's true.



and look, the other side of town, along the river and "THE park" (we've only got one big park, why do you ask?), up to the new stadium and far away the neighbourhood with the biggest density of ppl/square meter imaginable outside of china. kidding - but almost all my friends live there now and it's a long walk/ taxi ride.



ok, this one's just because i'm pretty.


2. ha, so then my cousin brought me to the matyas cathedral to try to get access to the church tower! which was so not possible 5 years ago! i don't know, it's a new thing; don't ask me how official it is, because we just handed cash to a man and he brought the keys to a back door...but it didn't seem highly illegal either. good! i'm glad people get to do this - mostly for the view, again.


so this is us inside the staircase thing. i just want to point out that my cousin was wearing at least 3 inch heels.



shade, again: but this kind of windows is really one of my favourite things on earth, so no apologies.





also, my cousin thinks that because it's my camera i should be in about 100 pictures, if possible with every single variation of landscape encountered. i'm very pleased with this approach of hers, but also slightly embarrassed.



finally on top! see how little consideration the wind up there had for my carefully combed fringe.





a view down to the ground - not so tall, eh? enough to give me the dizzies in any case. i was like "no no no, you keep the camera, i might drop it omg" the whole time.



the main photographer of this rare event: thank you, ralu!


and the mandatory view of the top of the hill that we'd just been on half an hour before.



and that's...mmm, "my side of town". sort of.










ok, right below: the mirror street, another big favourite of mine. can you see how the buildings on both sides of the street are exactly similar to each other? this little street connects the hungarian cathedral with the romanian one (which you can see up ahead).



ok, that's almost all. it was a good day for climbing things, especially with no high heels on.


i lived here 9 years, this is still my town!


Comments

Popular Posts