my view, plus: how many of these are first world problems?

1. nail polish. i am out of the loop w/r/t* prices**. as i only own 3 or 4 bottles of nail polish, and summer is a good moment to flaunt it, i was looking at some at my neighbourhood store. next day i was thinking HARD and couldn't figure out whether the price was 57 RON or 5.7 (i.e. in dollars: 16$ vs 1.6). neither made sense to me according to my previous experience in the field....uh, so i asked. it is 1.6!!

2. too many cables, too few plugs and power bars.

3. presence of the scale which forces me (well, is among the things that force me) to reconsider my weight in ways i thought i had completely given up in canada. very very conflicted.

4. being completely bored, but anxious and with zero wish to make a tiny gesture toward socializing.

* w/r/t is mannerism borrowed from david foster wallace's essays in "consider the lobster" - my choice companion since i moved in. elitist much!? yes.
** i keep promising myself to do a whole post on prices/confusion, but being too lazy at the moment.

more:



this just to prove the woeful state of my apartment w/r/t (ha!!!) cables, and the embarrassing positioning of a phone i probably won't even be using much. (....ignore the guys on tv....)




and from my balcony, as it gets dark.

c.

Comments

  1. Oh my god. you took my banner.. Our banner.. haaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your banner actually! trust me, i do want to take it back

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts