you live, you learn

just a few odds and ends gathered over these past few days:

i'd long wanted to do a mini-post on the jewelry i wear nowadays. this is my left hand on a permanent basis now: 1) wedding ring (it does look a bit golden, doesn't it?); 2) engagement ring (a variant of an irish Claddagh ring : b. ordered it online and got a different model than what he'd chosen delivered by mistake - we liked it and decided to keep it); 3)b. gave me his watch to time contractions when i was in labour, now i keep it to time feeds and pumping sessions; 4) lucky charms sent by my mum for Rada and me: a heart and a butterfly - i keep hers because in my mind it's like a double jinx now i.e. i'm afraid i'll jinx her if i put it on her
going to the breastfeeding clinic:
lactation consultant: the baby is fine and healthy, what i'm worried about is your mental state.
they forbade me to go to weekly weigh-ins! but i don't think i'm being very extreme - apparently they had mothers who went and bought scales so they could weigh their baby whenever.

baby was a bit congested so we researched how to deal with mucus.
my mother tells me she heard stories about women who used vacuum cleaners (!) to clean their babies' noses.
not so extreme, i keep telling you.

do not judge our bookshelves, ok?
finally, going to the store to buy formula: the formula cans are not on display, they only have a catalogue with pictures of various brands, you have to pick your number and tell a clerk to bring it.
clerk: we used to have them on the shelves, but people come and steal them.
me: who wants to steal baby formula??
clerk: they use it to cut cocaine.

alright, then. 

Comments

Popular Posts