the winter package

i want to say this is from about a month ago. not exactly sure, but one thing i'm sure of: it was about then that i re-discovered the indian restaurant on "my" street (jarry), that has extra cheap monday takeouts. so, november mondays have been go-to-sana-buy-biryani-for-2$ mondays. and then a walk through the park maybe. and visiting the pastry shop to look at the cakes. maybe.
yes, it is cookie and cake season again. 
so right now it's getting dark and it's 16:25. how to muster enough good cheer for the next at least 4 months to come?
a lot of things happened and i've been to a lot of things. that i can't describe because: 1) no pictures 2) i lost the habit. so, basically, do i still have a life? maybe.
ever since it's gotten colder, my cat seems to love me a lot more. one explanation would be that she simply got used to being here. another would be that my bed is warm.

also i moved this chair into the kitchen so now she can supervise things from a new angle and watch netflix from over my shoulder. 
we're waiting for the first serious snow. 
this week i have to go and get my winter coats out from the suitcase i buried them in, outside in the annex. (i always wear the leather jacket through the end of november.)
and also, it's not winter without the winter package. but i got it about 3 weeks ago already, so. these are some winter things my mother thought i'd need:
i am pretty disappointed that i can't wear these socks inside any shoes/boots. not necessarily for warmth, but they would look so good. 
i have the best slippers ever. so, 5 black cats in this house now:)
and, modelling my new hat for my mum on skype: this hat is twice the size of my head, seriously.

carmen: "stop laughing at my hat!"
friend: "i'm not laughing at your hat, i'm laughing at you!"

(later) "you look like a mushroom!"

...friend 2: "you look russian in it!"

i mean, russians do like mushrooms. and this is what i get for going out in public at -7C. 
not pictured:
- very thick gloves (the kind where i can't do anything if i have them on)
- a whole box of shelled walnuts (and now i've promised to make cake for christmas)

i don't know what will happen.
we'll see what does happen. this is me trying to be prepared.

Comments

Popular Posts