the things i do for "research"

this is a tired, dizzy post, but unrelated to the tiredness/diziness. this is how blogging works.
here are some things that ended up not fitting in my fluff piece about Easter

http://www.montrealites.ca/arrival/2015/04/5-ways-orthodox-easter-in-montreal-is-spectacularand-1-way-it-makes-me-nostalgic.html#.VS364fl5N1A

 so i'll just leave them here:
- i had to buy portuguese buns with eggs! they look cute (and are cheaper than all of their counterparts, hey!), but at the end of the day it's just a bread+an egg.


- i bought zeppole! best research idea, h/t my Engl396 prof! again, these don't even have to do with Easter! but they're the best dessert ever.

slower, with conviction: best. dessert. ever. 
This is how far I had to go to get kulich/babka from Zytynsky's eeeeeeast by St Michel. which then I ate without photographing, because why.


- my Greek Good Friday: i ended up using my classmate's picture for some reason, but I have mine too (of course) from walking through Parc Ext at night.



- my mum egged me on (ha!) to mix all types of egg dye i had, in the end. so red+yellow+green = purple. who knew.


- this year, the priest (at midnight) was very "there are some who say christianism is like any other religion and all religions preach the same things and they're all good and etc. but that's wrong!" and i was thinking omg, if you could only see my Easter article. oh well.

Comments

Popular Posts