i'm on a roll...

at the mall, a girl trying to convince people to try on some creams.
girl: hello, how are you?
me: ...fine, thank you.
girl: grabs my hand and squirts cream on it. (ok, i admit this can only happen to someone who is slow/ disoriented)
me:....
girl: do you get manicures often?
me: no.
girl: where are you from?
me: why does it matter where i'm from?
girl: whatever. have a nice day!


with my friend melanie at place-des-arts by the metro, in the evening. full of beggars.
beggar: avez-vous du change....etc.
melanie: desolées, on est les deux sans-emploi.
beggar: oh la la, c'est pas bon,ça. bonne chance, les filles!


at `work`. in winter, slush etc, floors get muddy so i kind of have to mop a lot. this is my job. i can't do ALL the floors, so from a point on i'll just mop up the extremely offensive spots.
all this time, people keep circulating.
lady, stepping on freshly mopped floor: oh, sorry! you must really hate us!
me: noooo, i don't hate everyone! only those who don't apologize!


corridor, otherwise clean, with a track of huge, very muddy, footprints. i mop.
young skinny guy, tiptoeing by me: i'm sorry!
me: why are you sorry? did you make these footprints?
young skinny guy: oh, no, no!
me: then you're fine with me!


adorable old lady, (who i took to the bathroom, cause she was afraid to take the elevator alone): speaks to me in french
me: answer in french
old lady: says something in english... ooooh, je m'excuse.
me: it's ok, we can speak english if you want.
old lady, a bit irritated: what are you, english or french? what's your first language?
me: neither, i'm romanian.
old lady: well, i can't speak that. english, then.

(later)
old lady: are you always so nice to people?
me: definitely not!
old lady: oh, you're just saying so!
me: what can i do to convince you?






Comments

Popular Posts