anniversaries / with october soundtrack


i'm very tempted to leave this without words, because it's a mood thing. fall is (more and more) my favourite season and october is my favourite month. my pretend-birthday is october 9, hand-picked by yours truly at about 16...and also, lots of things have been known to happen in my life in the mellow first half of october, since forever. just mood things, is all.


this is about sunny mornings in the city, when almost no one else is around, when places are still heartbreaking and joyful.

fancy-style swing that doubles as a ...double bench. i bet one could find a way to have breakfast on it
at one point i was trying to write a book, that died in first-draft stage, then was resuscitated to become my zombie-MFAthesis, then...died again, and now it's haunting me again with a vengeance. I don't know what i did to deserve this....oh i guess the part about having too much spare time or something?
anyway, so it's fall for a good part of this book. also the book happens/ 'is set' in cluj.





and this is a house that is mentioned in the book. i just had to pass by it recently and remember.

and a blank screen, meant for i don't know what

and the 'continental' building - close to the university and the bars and the...everything.


i honestly didn't know they had these @insomnia. (haven't decided yet whether we like them or not).

finally in 'atelier'. sitting on paper, drinking on paper etc.
the songs from this post are completely new to me, and they both come (though in different ways) courtesy of alexandra. thank you for the: dinner, book, listening, and for helping me imprint this period of time with these old new memories.





c.


Comments

  1. Do you remember when I used to draw my cartoon??? I would physically and mentally force myself to do it. ''today I will fix - draw this'' and did that weekly or daily... now it's finished! and I still force myself to do shit until i publish that! now I am at the stage of adding the concluding page, choosing a cover page , scanning it and then photocopying it.... U must write your book, page by page even if u hate yourself every time you tough ur pen. It will truly make you feel good. Because you will do what most can't get through: looking at your work and continuing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts