holiday home: family outing


so this is just going to be a collection of pictures that were taken, mostly not by me, on a daytrip with my mum and my youngest aunt. we basically went to have lunch at colibita, a bit more than an hour's drive away from town. and then back.
the differences from two years ago (yeah exactly, this is not even my first time posting about this place.http://carmen-tangible.blogspot.ca/2014/07/holiday-home-sunrain-days.html ) :
- not my first time, so i didn't jump to take pics of everything
- we were with "people", so the primary concern was socializing, i.e. i haven't seen my aunt in 2 years, i'd better be looking at her. (she used to live at our apartment when i was small, and i pretty much was a thorn in her side for a few years there)
- we weren't going to "explore", so we went straight to "fisherman's". and proceeded to check-in on facebook. amazing touristing skills.

can you see the family resemblance?  i always do that when i catch a bunch of women on my mum's side of the family (she's got 3 sisters, i've got 3 female cousins, so...8 RaČ›iu girls). i may be the odd one out, my hair's the least curly of the bunch and my face is all my father...but still. there's an air of...something.
more fisherman's...the beach side
and since this time around i've got a good camera, i tried to get as close/intrusive as possible
still no one considered or suggested getting a boat. sigh. there'll be a next time, i know.
older, wiser (yeah right) and less tan than in the 2 years ago photo shoot. remember this is still in june though. but we've always had cloudy/rainy weather at colibita. it's "the mountains", hey!

aaah, they blocked the access to the bungalows! those people have their own private mini-deck etc and this time i can't intrude
back to the beach-y part, where i can intrude
...and i do
this was not intruding, but staring at a bunch of daisies on the slope
...my favourite summer flowers, have i said this before?
posing on strangers chaise-longues
and laughing at swimming-minded kids

this is just a glimpse of the landscape as we left
trying to get relevant shots on the way down 
aaand we stopped at the dam. apparently everybody stops at the dam for selfies, so there's this.

my aunt and her partner are very good at this "what everybody does" business. they have been, and go, to all the touristic objectives around our area, and often take my parents along.  it's thanks to them that my parents currently "go out"/travel/explore more than i do, even if it's in their own backyard. clearly i have to take notes and try hard.
"this would make such a good OKCupid picture!" (carmen: so great at being in a relationship!)

Comments

Popular Posts